Determination of the balancing need and mechanical condition
- Determination of the balancing need
- Determination of the mechanical condition of the bearings and gear wheels
- Crack inspections of the rolls shaft journal
- Crack inspections of the suction roll shells
- Corrosion inspections of the structures
Testing of the loading systems
- Nip force measurements
- Stretcher force measurements
Determination of the mechanical condition of the cylinder gear wheels' wedge joints
The backlash of the gear wheels and mechanical condition of the cylinder gear wheels' wedge joints, are determined by rotating adjacent drying cylinders in radial directions in their extreme positions with hydraulic cylinder and measuring their total rotation.
The measurement result consists of the overall backlash of the mating gear wheels' and the movement allowed by the loose wedge joints.